Originally, the term “hacker” referred to a professional programmer adept in machine code and computer operating systems. Today, a ‘hacker’ is someone who regularly engages in hacking activities and has adopted hacking as a lifestyle. Hacking is the process of altering a system’s operation to accomplish a goal different from the one for which it was first intended.
Before we dive into how to become an ethical hacker after the 12th, let us understand the role of a hacker.
What is Ethical Hacking?
When we talk about ethical hacking, we specifically mean hacking that is based on ethical or moral standards and has no malicious intent. Any type of hacking that is permitted by the owner of the target system is referred to as ethical hacking. It can also be used to describe the practice of implementing proactive security measures to protect networks against hackers with malicious intentions regarding data privacy.
Ethical hacking is the process of circumventing or cracking security mechanisms set by a system to discover vulnerabilities, data breaches, and inherent risks. It can only be considered ethical if it complies with organizational or regional cyber laws and regulations. The official title of this position of ethical hacker is penetration tester. As the name implies, this approach entails attempting to infiltrate the system and documenting the procedures used.
To summarize, an ethical hacker accesses the target system before any malicious hacker can. This enables the organization’s security staff to effectively close a security hole that would allow a hacker to access the system or execute a hack.
What are the Skills Required for Ethical Hacking Courses After 12th?
Candidates who want to enroll in ethical hacking online course need to have a few skills that will help them become ethical hackers in the future:
- Programming Skills: To deploy techniques and protect systems from upcoming threats, ethical hackers need to have good programming skills.
- Technical Understanding of Computer Systems, Databases, and Networking: To assess the likelihood of threats, one needs in-depth knowledge of computer systems, databases, and networking.
- Attention and Patience: The method has very minor defects that necessitate careful observation and patience.
- Knowledge of Hacking Tools: Hacking tools and techniques should be well-understood by ethical hackers.
- Experience with Python, Linux, Web Services: Experience with some of the highly sought-after talents, such as Python, Web Services, Linux, etc., is a requirement for hackers. Hackers need to be up to date on global trends to consistently stay one step ahead of the competition.
Eligibility Criteria for Ethical Hacking Courses After 12th
The minimum requirement to enroll in ethical hacking courses at the Diploma, Certificate, or Undergraduate level after 12th grade is a passing grade in 10th or 12th. Although there isn’t a specific degree program in ethical hacking, students can study courses in cybersecurity, IT, networking, etc.
How to Become an Ethical Hacker After 12th?
If you wish to become an ethical hacker in India after the 12th grade, you have three formal education alternatives, but you should be aware that there is no special curriculum or course for ethical hacking.
You have the option of choosing computer science engineering, earning a diploma in ethical hacking, or enrolling in degree programs in cybersecurity and ethical hacking. Some institutions might sign you up for advanced training in ethical hacking right away. However, to take most of the higher courses offered, you would need to get a BTech or diploma in a related discipline. The courses available in India that are necessary for you to earn the top cyber security certifications and establish a successful career in hacking are all listed below.
The Best Degree to Acquire After Completing 12th
The following are the degrees one should acquire to become an ethical hacker after the 12th grade:
|Course||Duration in Years|
|Cyber Security Diploma||1-2|
|Diploma in Ethical Hacking and IT Security||1-2|
|BTech in CSE (Cyber Security and Forensics)||4|
|BTech CSE (Threat Analysis and Cyber Security)||4|
|BSc Cyber Security||3|
|BCA Hons. In Cyber Security||3|
|BE (Information Technology)||4|
|MTech Information Security||2|
|MTech CSE (Information Security and Computer Forensics)||2|
|MSc in cyber security||3|
|BCA (Microsoft Cloud Computing and Cyber Security)||3|
Top Online Ethical Hacking Courses After 12th
The following are the best ethical hacking online courses to be done
- Ethical Hacking from Scratch
- The Complete Hacking Course: From Beginner to Expert
- Course on Ethical Hacking for Novices
- A Playbook on Cybersecurity for Managers
- The University of Colorado Hacking and Patching Certification
- Ethical Hacking Training Online
- Become an Ethical Hacker
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Ethical Hacking Training for Beginners and Professionals
- The University of Maryland Certification in Cyber Security
What are the Main Benefits of Becoming an Ethical Hacker?
The significant increase in demand for ethical hackers is a result of technological advancements that create numerous risks in the global technology arena. As cyberattacks and cyberterrorism are on the rise, an ethical hacker protects an organization’s system and data against unauthorized users.
Understanding and being conversant with ethical hacking requires delving into the brains and tactics of hackers and learning how to enter by examining and uncovering holes in software and computer networks. A company can benefit tremendously from taking an ethical hacking online course provided it is completed effectively and properly.
The following are the benefits of ethical hacking:
- Ethical hacking can assist businesses in locating and addressing security flaws in their systems, which is one of its most significant advantages. By testing their system against prospective assaults, organizations can strengthen their defenses and be more equipped to handle challenges in the real world.
- Organizations that engage in ethical hacking frequently discover that it aids in raising employee awareness of security risks. By analyzing their systems and finding vulnerabilities, employees could become more security-conscious and better prepared to handle possible threats.
- Software that has not been fully tested before deployment becomes extremely exposed to security threats and attacks. As an ethical hacker, you’ll be able to instruct your software development team on how to successfully conduct security testing while the program is being developed. By doing this, they can create high-quality, user-safe software that complies with industry requirements for software quality assurance.
- You’ll be able to enter the workforce and obtain your first entry-level position once you’ve learned ethical hacking and obtained a few certifications. However, you’ll require extra training and specialization if you want to be genuinely effective and rise in the organization. One benefit of ethical hacking is that it serves as an excellent starting point for learning specialized skills and demonstrating your value to an organization. You’ll position yourself for more advanced cyber security responsibilities in an organization by understanding the ethical hacking tools, tactics, and certifications.
Career Prospects After Ethical Hacking Certification
After earning the desired CEH certification, an ethical hacker can apply for the following positions:
Network Security Specialist
An engineer in network security maintains the safety of networking systems. Network Security Engineer attests that the operation may resume even after problems brought on by calamities, hacker assaults, or other resources.
Computer Forensics Investigator
Government, law enforcement, and private sector organizations worldwide use computer forensics techniques, and many of them hold CEH certifications in addition to the EC-Council Certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFI designation.
Information Security Officer
An Information Security Officer is a senior manager who promotes the enterprise strategy and idea to ensure that the technology and information resources are appropriately safeguarded.
Data Security Analyst
Data Security Analysts, also known as data security professionals, plan and carry out the security of data on the computers and networks in a company. They work with the business team to instruct them on security procedures.
You must have realized the significance of mastering ethical hacking by now. Knowing about ethical hacking and other technical words will help you better position yourself for the millions of job positions in the cyber world. Enroll in the ethical hacking online course if you want to learn more about these concepts and start developing a career in this field. This program includes instructor-led live training and hands-on project experience.